Most people know ginger but they only know it has a spice used in cooking. Some know that ginger is used for treatments of some ailments but don't know that it can also be used for hair treatments. Regular use of ginger oil for hair growth is an excellent way to improve blood circulation within the scalp.
Using ginger as a hair treatment is a centuries-old practice that comes from Ayurvedic medicine. Ayurveda, a traditional healing system developed in India, relies on herbs for preventing illness and for healing of the whole person. A common Ayurvedic use for ginger is dandruff control.
Benefits of Ginger root for Hair:
- Ginger root is an effective remedy for hair loss. Fresh extracts of ginger root make hair stronger and more pleasant smelling.
- Dandruff is one of the most common scalp problems in both men and women. Ginger oil helps to rid of dandruff. You can apply ginger oil with olive oil to scalp and leave it overnight.
- Ginger oil mixed with essential oils such as jojoba oil or avocado oil, this increases hair growth rate.
- If you have dry hair, the useful constituents of ginger help you get that sheen back in your hair.
Treatment for Hair Growth:
Ginger works to increase scalp circulation. When blood flows to the scalp, it stimulates the hair follicles and encourages growth. The fatty acids in the root are great for thin hair. Use this recipe for hair loss, thinning hair or growing out a bad hair cut.
- Grate about 1 tbsp of ginger root into a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp of jojoba oil (or olive oil) and mix well. Rub this mixture into your scalp with massaging, circular motions. Leave on your hair for 30 minutes or longer. You should feel a warming effect on your scalp. Shampoo or rinse well.
- Peel about 6 ounces of fresh ginger and place it in a blender with ¼ cup of water. Blend until the ginger root becomes a fine pulp. Line a small bowl with two or three layers of cheesecloth and pour the pureed mixture onto the cheesecloth. Gather the edges of the cheesecloth edges together, twist and hold them as you squeeze as much juice a possible from the cheesecloth into the bowl. Apply the juice directly to your scalp, leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes and shampoo as usual.