These days the problem of hair loss seems to be very common and it affects men and women alike. You need to identify the factor which is causing hair loss and follow the hair fall control advice specific to your problem. Though it is normal for every person to lose hair on a daily basis but it becomes a matter of concern when there is a considerable increase in the loss of hair. The causes of hair loss may be due to improper diet, genetics, hormonal changes in the body, prolonged illness, post surgery and dandruff is one most common cause of hair fall.
Follow the simple and natural ways to prevent or control hair loss:
- Regular massaging of the scalp with lukewarm oil helps to stimulate the hair falls and this also helps in hair growth.
- Crack an egg and separate the yolk from the white. Place the yolk into a small bowl and beat the yolk with a fork for 10 seconds. Apply the yolk to areas of hair loss. Allow the yolk to dry for one hour then wash your hair to remove the yolk.
- Apply the juice extracted from crushed coriander (dhania) leaves. You can also use a mixture of curd and gram flour (chana atta) that should be kept on for at least an hour before bathing.
- Do not comb your hair backwards and don’t use hair dry frequently.
- Do not wash your hair with very hot water. You can prefer warm water to wash your hair.
- Pour 1/2 cup of olive oil into a small bowl and add 1 tsp of cumin to the olive oil. Mix the oil and cumin thoroughly. Rub the mixture into the areas of hair loss.
- Allow the mixture to dry for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with fresh water.Keeping the hair clean is one of the important remedies in controlling hair loss. Regular hair wash keeps the scalp clean and this in turn helps in the healthy growth of the root hair.
- Never comb the hair when the hair is wet. For drying the hair gently rub or wipe your hair with a soft towel.
- Take fresh hibiscus leaves / flowers preferably red ones and grind it to a paste. Apply this paste on the entire length of the hair, leave it for 30 minutes and then wash your hair. This is an excellent method for controlling the hair loss.
- Rubbing scalp with fingers after washing hairs with cold water for few minutes improves blood circulation in the scalp.